Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Well, it's here!  The end of another year.  This one is especially emotional for me as my son is graduating in 2 days!!!  I will spare you the tears and uncontrollable sobs since I did that already at his Baccalaureate on Sunday.  The slide show with baby pictures gets me every time!! 

And to make it even more emotional I have a special place in my heart for this group of Kindergartners, too.  They are a truly special group of kids. (sniff, sniff)

As this year comes to an end (3 more days), I am getting things ready for next year.  I have my notebook (kindergarten bible) ready to go so I can begin my lesson plans quickly and easily in August.






 I have my goals listed, my shopping list written out, and my "make it" list written out all in my journal.  Along with my reading list for the summer, which includes:  Developing Number Concepts by Kathy Richardson and Literacy Stations by Diller.  I am also looking for a good resource on guided reading (need to step it up) if anyone has some suggestions.



 I found this awesome chalkboard cloth the other day and I can't wait to see what I can create with it. (told ya, I like to sew)  I already have a few ideas in mind.  I will post pics when I'm done! 

But, what I am most excited about ....is heading to Vegas in July for the I Teach K conference.  I am fortunate enough to be going with Tammy Clark of Mrs. Clark's Kindergarten blog and the 3 other K teachers here in our building!!!  I have my handouts printed and in my notebook (yeah, I know "old school" but I have to highlight and write notes out, it's my processing method) ready to go!  My husband thinks it's hilarious that Vegas will be swamped with all these K teachers.  He has a mental picture of the people who work the Vegas Strip running for their lives at the thought of it!!

It's going to be a great summer even when I watch my son walk onto that college campus to begin the next stage of his life.  I wonder if there is some rewind button I can hit at that moment to take me back about 13 - 14 years????  Happy summer to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment